רדיו קוגניטיבי מרובה אנטנות
MIMO Cognitive Radio
שם המנחה / מנחים: ד"ר יאיר נועם
The scarcity of the electromagnetic spectrum is one of the most important problems in communications today. Cognitive Radio (CR) is a promising paradigm for increasing spectrum utilization. The idea is to design “smart” radio that can coexist with legacy systems on the same band without interfering with it. The major challenge in the field of CR is to design practical algorithms, which enable cognitive radio systems to obtain the necessary information to mitigate interference to other systems.
In this project, the students will implement advanced learning algorithms for MIMO CR. For this purpose, the students will build an advance system level simulator of a cellular network which encapsulates some features of the Long Term Evolution (LTE) standard.
The students will study the topic of CR. They will learn theoretical aspects of wireless communications with emphasize on MIMO, which are necessary for CR. The main phases of this project are the following:
- Overview of the CR problem and relevant aspects in wireless communication such as MIMO channel estimation, Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM).
- Building system level simulator of a cellular network which encapsulates some features of the LTE standard.
- Testing and designing advanced CR learning algorithms for interference mitigation.
- Project deliverable: System level simulator and implementation of advanced algorithms such as Blind null space learning and tracking algorithms, the one-bit null space learning algorithm and Spatial multiple access algorithms.
The students will gain both theoretical and practical understanding of the CR problem.
Design tools: Matlab
דרישות: תקשורת ספרתית, עיבוד ספרתי של אותות
1. Y. Noam and A. J. Goldsmith “Blind null-space learning for MIMO underlay cognitive radio with Primary User Interference Adaptation,” IEEE Transaction on Wireless Communications, vol. 12, no.4, pp. 1722-1734, April 2013 .
2. Y. Noam and A. J. Goldsmith "One-Bit Null Space Learning Algorithm and its Convergence”, revised, IEEE Transaction on Signal Processing.
3. Y. Noam and A. J. Goldsmith “Exploiting Spatial Degrees of Freedom in MIMO Cognitive Radio Systems,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Communications (ICC) 2012.
4. A. Manolakos, Y. Noam, K. Dimou, and A. Goldsmith, “Blind null-space tracking for MIMO underlay cognitive radio networks,” IEEE Globecom 2012.
תאריך עדכון אחרון : 11/06/2015