תאום שידור במערכות תקשורת סללולרית מבוזרות
Distributed coordinated transmission for Multi Point Cooperative Cellular Communications
שם המנחה / מנחים: ד"ר יאיר נועם
The scarcity of the electromagnetic spectrum is one of the most important problems in communications today. Multi Point Cooperative Communications (CoMP) is a promising paradigm for increasing spectrum utilization, in which multiple cellular Base Stations (BS), coordinate their transmission to mitigate interference to each other or to jointly transmit to cell edge users.
In this project, the students will implement advanced learning algorithms, such as distributed channel learning and distributed beamforming for CoMP. For this purpose, the students will build an advance system level simulator of a cellular network which encapsulates some features of the Long Term Evolution (LTE) standard.
The students will study the topic of CoMP. They will learn theoretical aspects of wireless communications with emphasize on MIMO, which are necessary for CoMP. The main phases of this project are the following:
- Overview of CoMP problem and relevant aspects in wireless communication such as MIMO channel estimation, Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM).
- Building system level simulator of a cellular network which encapsulates some features of the LTE standard.
- Testing and designing advanced CoMP algorithms for spatial coexistence.
- Project deliverable: System level simulator and implementation of advanced algorithms such as The energy null space learning, tracking algorithms, distributed beamforming and Spatial multiple access algorithms.
The students will gain both theoretical and practical understanding of CoMP.
Design tools: Matlab
עיבוד ספרתי של אותות
A. Manolakos, Y. Noam, and A. Goldsmith ‘‘Null Space Learning In Cooperative MIMO Cellular Networks Using Interference Feedback’’IEEE Globecom 2013
2. Y. Noam and A. J. Goldsmith “Blind null-space learning for MIMO underlay cognitive radio with Primary User Interference Adaptation,” IEEE Transaction on Wireless Communications, vol. 12, no.4, pp. 1722-1734, April 2013 .
3. Y. Noam and A. J. Goldsmith "One-Bit Null Space Learning Algorithm and its Convergence”, revised, IEEE Transaction on Signal Processing.
4. Y. Noam and A. J. Goldsmith “Exploiting Spatial Degrees of Freedom in MIMO Cognitive Radio Systems,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Communications (ICC) 2012.
5. A. Manolakos, Y. Noam, K. Dimou, and A. Goldsmith, “Blind null-space tracking for MIMO underlay cognitive radio networks,” IEEE Globecom 2012.
תאריך עדכון אחרון : 11/06/2015