Design and Development of localization system for humanoid robot team playing soccer in RoboCup KSL league
תכנון ופיתוח מערכת לוקליזציה לקבוצת רובוטים המשחקים כדורגל בליגת KSL בתחרות רובוקאפ
RoboCupTM is an international research and education initiative. Its goal is to foster artificial intelligence and robotics research by providing a standard problem where a wide range of technologies can be examined and integrated.
The focus of the RoboCup activities is competitive soccer.
In this league, autonomous robots with a human-like body plan and human-like senses play soccer against each other. Dynamic walking, running, and kicking the ball while maintaining balance, visual perception of the ball, other players, and the field, self-localization, and team play are among the many issues investigated in the Humanoid League.
The students will design a localization system system for a soccer playing robot team. It includes robot localization under different condition, solving the "kidnapped robot" problem, using image processing system output for localization, ball localization, goals localization, localization of opponent robots, using particle filter and other Bayesian filters, for robust operation, using the goalkeeper as a reference point when available, decision making and states analyzing.
1. N. Ergin O¨ zkucur and H. Levent Akın, LocalizationWith Non-Unique Landmark Observations, In: Proc. of RoboCup 2010.
2. Anderson, P., Yusmanthia, Y., Hengst, B., and Sowmya, A., Robot Localization Using Natural Landmarks, Proc. of RoboCup 2012, pp. 118-129, 2012
3. Sven Behnke, Jürgen Müller, Michael Schreiber: Toni: A Soccer Playing Humanoid Robot. In: RoboCup 2005: 59-704.
4. Laowattana D., et al.: Team KMUTT, Team description paper. Robocup 2009, Humanoid League (2009)
5. Lu H., Huang D., Xiong D., Li X., and Zheng Z. A Robust Place Recognition Algorithm Based on Omnidirectional Vision for Mobile Robots. Proc. of RoboCup 2012, pp. 286-297, 2012.