Design and development of autonomous vehicle model for driving with no human intervension
תכנון ופיתוח דגם רכב אוטונומי המתנהל בתנאי כביש ללא התערבות נהג
Recently, many efforts are made towards autonomous vehicles creation. There are several reasons for this trend. Among them, the increased safety, more efficient time utilization, choose of the best and fastest route, and more. Several approaches and technologies exist for implementing such idea.
The students will implement a part of the whole idea using image processing and artificial intelligence.
The students will design the hardware and software needed for two model vehicle to implement the following tasks:
The 2 robots will present:
• Ability of driving in two lanes while keeping the allowed speed and obeying to the traffic laws,
• Ability of driving one following the other while keeping allowed speed and distance from each other
• Ability to cross the intersection according to the traffic laws
• Ability to change lanes while taking into account other vehicles on the road
• Making turns according to the traffic laws
בשיתוף עם חברת EVE
1. Gonzalez, R.C. and Woods, R.E., Digital Image Processing, Pearson Prentice-Hall, New Jersy, 2008.
2. Budden D., Fenn S., Mendes A, and Chalup S. Evaluation of Color Modelsfor Computer Vision Using Cluster Validation Techniques. Proc. of RoboCup 2012, pp. 261-272, 2012.
3. Morrison J., Chown E., and Silver B. Implementing a Real-Time Hough Transform on a Mobile Robot. Proc. of RoboCup 2012, pp. 322-331, 2012.
4. Lu H., Huang D., Xiong D., Li X., and Zheng Z. A Robust Place Recognition Algorithm Based on Omnidirectional Vision for Mobile Robots. Proc. of RoboCup 2012, pp. 286-297, 2012.
5. N. Ergin O¨ zkucur and H. Levent Akın, LocalizationWith Non-Unique Landmark Observations, In: Proc. of RoboCup 2010.
6. Anderson, P., Yusmanthia, Y., Hengst, B., and Sowmya, A., Robot Localization Using Natural Landmarks, Proc. of RoboCup 2012, pp. 118-129, 2012
7. S. Zickler, T. Laue, O. Birbach, M. Wongphati and M. Veloso, SSL-Vision: The Shared Vision System for the RoboCup Small Size League, RoboCup 2009: Robot Soccer World Cup XIII, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2010, Volume 5949/2010, 425-436
8. R. Nakanishi, J. Bruce, K. Murakami, T. Naruse and M. Veloso, Cooperative 3-Robot Passing and Shooting in the RoboCup Small Size League, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2007, Volume 4434/2007, 418-425
9. P. J. Ashenden, The Designer's Guide to VHDL, 2nd Edition, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Francisco, 1995.